About Alec’s Automotive Machine Shop
Family run for three generations, Alec’s Automotive has been effectively delivering exacting engine rebuilding and machine shop services plus engine parts sales to commercial and private customers since 1948 (over 72 years now).
Why Trust Alec’s For Your Engine Rebuilding Needs?
- Keeping the good reputation of our family business is very important. That is why we do everything possible to keep our customers satisfied including perfect work every time and by providing exceptional customer service.
- Pricing is very competitive in the market place because having been in the engine rebuilding business for so long our location and machinery overhead is low — so we can pass that savings along to you. When you rebuild as many engines as we do you also develop very efficient processes.
- Everybody who works here is nuts about engines which may sound strange but it’s true (especially of high performance and racing engines) and takes great pride in their work. If they didn’t they wouldn’t be here.
- We are constantly learning from trade associations and implementing the latest techniques and processes and use exacting machining equipment so you can rest assured your jobs will be done perfectly each and every time.
- We stand behind our work with a rock solid guarantee. Ask us about it.
Give us a call at 604-876-7111 we’d love to help.
We look forward to serving you soon.
Founded In 1948
Alec’s Automotive Reviews
Based on 58 reviews
07:43 03 Jan 22
Rob is amazing . His knowledge and experience speak for itself . I give this guy's 6 starts .. very professional. . I... recommend to everyoneread more
Mo's Garage Ltd
20:34 18 Dec 21
Great service, workmanship and pleasure to deal with. They got me in quickly and performed the work quicker than I... expected. It was my first time dealing with them and I was very impressed. I dealt with Kevin at the counter but talked to a couple other guys and they seem to have a solid team. Work was excellent and prices were very fair, highly recommend.read more
22:55 17 Dec 21
Very friendly & knowledgeable service with great pricing.
19:24 06 May 21
Great team, knowledgeable, professional and never been disappointed with these guys.
19:15 16 Mar 21
Rob has been landing the plane over the phone for me (so to speak) for a few years now, his and his teams knowledge has... kept my mistakes to an all time low and my motors are very very grateful. I will always refer my friends to them for any machining or assembly or quality parts. I highly recommend giving them a call or a visit.-eric-read more
15:31 08 Mar 21
Kevin handled the machine work on my 5.3 vortec block and ordered all the parts for my rebuild. Top notch service. He... really knows his stuff and was very helpful throughout my project. I wouldn’t go anywhere else.read more
05:53 20 Oct 20
Rob, Kevin and Jeff are all extremely knowledgeable as well as very patient. They provided me with all my engine... machining, as well as every part I needed for my engine build. Their customer service is off the charts as they took many phone calls from me as I bombarded them with numerous questions while assembling my engine. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for any form of machining or engine work.read more
06:03 30 Jul 20
It's easy for a shop to look good when everything goes according to plan without any hiccups. What makes a shop truly... amazing is when something goes wrong and the shop goes out there way to make it right. I bought a fuel injection system from these guys and I had some problems with it. It's obvious that these guys don't manufacture the systems in their shop but I bought from them and because of this Rob went out of his way to deal with the manufacturer, avoid shipping costs, and help me get my car back on the road as soon as possible. This service is over and above what's expected in my opinion and I really appreciated it. I won't hesitate to recommend Alec's Automotive Machine Shop to anyone!read more
04:56 18 Jul 20
Most recently I dropped off heads from a 502 Ramjet crate motor. After inspection issues were found and all areas were... addressed. Additionally I had them research and install some perfomance upgrades. They were also mindful of my budget. Turnaround time was on point and they went above and beyond the initial work order without charging me additional fees. I have used them before on another build and was very satisfied. Mad respect to the entire team. Thank you for keeping the Dually running like the beast it is!read more